Welcome to Moorside Allotments, Moorside has been in existence since the 1940's when it was created during the war as part of the Dig for Victory campaign.
Located on on the Town Moor off Fenham Hall drive, the allotments has over 100 separate plots, let as half or full plots. We have a thriving Trading Hut (open 10am-midday every Saturday & Sunday), a Plant Scheme for your plant needs in the Spring & Summer, as well as our annual Show, and our newly created Community Plot.
Update in response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
Covid-19 Update - 1st July
Information For Moorside Plotholders - 24th March 2020
Information From Urban Green Re Allotments - 24th March 2020
General information can be found on Gov.uk
- Trading Hut Resupply - Compost, Grow Bags, Netting & more - 19th May
- Break-ins On Moorside - 7th April
- Plant Scheme & Coronavirus - Updated 23rd March
- Water supply on & Toilets open - Published 23rd March
- Trading Hut & Coronavirus - Published 20th March
- Krys Gaffney - Published 29th February
- Trading Hut: Seed Potato Resupply! - Published 12th February